Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Martin Guitar & Miracles (Part II)


On March 27, just before noon, the doorbell rang.  I was in the bedroom in my meditation chair reading, waiting for potential meditation students to show up to my Intro Talk for Vedic Meditation.

I heard Carl answer the door and a woman's voice say "I have something for you" and then a silence and then Carl's stunned voice ask "Who are you?!?" and her voice answered but I didn't hear what she said.  Assuming a potential student had arrived, I went out to the living room to find Carl who looked at me and then pointed at something.  I followed his hand to find a case "Martin".  We sat on the floor next to each other and opened the guitar. It looked exactly like his - he said "I'm absolutely sure that it's mine." He pointed out familiar scars. 

The woman had said her name was Jules.  Carl didn't recognize her and I never saw her. 

Carl sat on the living room floor strumming his guitar.  I didn't have any students that day but we have music in the house again.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes... We're so happy you were able to come to Iowa. You changed the lives of your students forever. And you both deserved to have that guitar back in your life. Blessings.
    Love, J.

    ReplyDelete