Tuesday, July 28, 2009

At the Feet


Tonight I'm heading over to Hancock Park to hear what Thom has to say. It's always good to sit at the feet of a fellow teacher and listen to their wisdom. There are times it would be nice to be able to go back and say to a particular teacher / role model "hey remember when you told me X...can I get a playback of that?"

I do think that one of the signs of a successful teacher is that the student is able to hold the knowledge and when they need to "check" on something, they simply look within. Having said that, I also think that part of being a successful student is the willingness to show up and sit reverently at the feet of those who taught you in the past and acknowledge that the information imparted is still relevant.


The most successful relationship between teacher and student is marked by separation and the latter moving beyond the knowledge of his/her mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment