Thursday, July 23, 2009

Radiance


One of the little known benefits of teaching someone meditation is the student's newly acquired radiance. It begins to appear the very first day. I see it immediately. But what's even more wonderful is that people around them begin commenting on their appearance. I have my new students fill out forms at their follow up meetings and almost everyone writes "People have been complimenting me this week."

The same thing happened to me when I first learned - I had people ask me if I'd done something different with my hair. They knew something was different but they couldn't put their finger on it.


Now that I'm teaching, I watch the transformation happen before my eyes. It's quite astonishing and yes, satisfying, because I helped bring that radiance to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment